To Our Valued Patients,
We are grateful for the support you’ve provided us over the past few months as we navigated the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Maryland Eye Care Center has opened a spacious new location approximately one mile away from our current office which allows us to follow recommended safety guidelines. We are so excited to be able to see you again for all your eyecare needs.
The safety of our Patients and our Team Members is our top priority; as such we have implemented safety measures set forth by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Here are some key highlights of our new safety procedures when you visit our Silver Spring location and our brand new office in Hyattsville.
Prior to Your Appointment:
- You will receive pre-appointment instructions from our office either by phone call or by email.
- If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we ask that you call and reschedule your appointment.
- Please bring your mobile phone with you as means for us to communicate with you while on site if necessary.
- We will minimize the number of people in the practice (please come alone unless there is a true need for a caregiver).
- We request that anyone accompanying you to wait safely in their car. We truly appreciate your cooperation on this.
Once You arrive:
- We will meet you outside of our office door, to assist you.
- We are requiring all patients to arrive wearing a mask (we will provide one if needed).
- We will check your temperature and a COVID-19 questionnaire will be administered.
- We request that patients use hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure of our office; we offer touchless sanitizers throughout the facility.
- We have reduced the number of chairs in the waiting area to respect physical distance protocol.
- All toys, magazines, and brochures have been removed.
- We complete daily prescreening for COVID symptoms for Staff, and Doctors. COVID tests are performed at least once a week.
- All Staff members will be using PPE and wearing masks at all times, including face shield and gloves as necessary.
- Our optical staff will frequently sanitize high-touch areas throughout the day.
- Opticians will help with frame selection by offering patients a tray limiting patients’ handling of the frames as they browse.
- All “handled” frames will not be replaced on the display until they have been cleaned and sterilized.
Strict Cleaning Protocols
- Our staff regularly performs surface cleaning of frequently touched areas throughout the day.
- Our welcome center, check-in kiosks, exam rooms, testing equipment, and optical areas are cleaned and sterilized after every patient appointment.
- A nightly cleaning service will deep clean the entire facility at the end of each day.
We thank you for your patience with all these changes. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 301-431-0431 and we will be glad to help you!
We look forward to seeing you all again!
The Team at Maryland Eye Care Center