To Our Valued Patients,
We are grateful for the support you’ve provided us over the past few months as we navigated the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The safety of our Patients and our Team Members is our top priority; as such we have implemented safety measures set forth by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Here are some key highlights of our updated safety procedures:
Prior to Your Appointment:
- You will receive pre-appointment instructions from our office either by phone call or by email.
- If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we ask that you call and reschedule your appointment.
- We will minimize the number of people in the practice (please come alone unless there is a true need for a caregiver). Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- We request that anyone accompanying you to wait safely in their car. We truly appreciate your cooperation on this.
At Your Appointment:
- We are requiring all patients to arrive wearing a mask (we will provide one if needed).
- We offer touchless sanitizers throughout the facility.
- We have reduced the number of chairs in the waiting area to respect physical distance protocol.
- All toys, magazines, and brochures have been removed.
- We complete daily prescreening for COVID symptoms for Staff, and Doctors. COVID tests are performed at least once a week.
- All Staff members are required to wear masks at all times, and gloves as necessary.
Strict Cleaning Protocols
- Our staff regularly performs surface cleaning of frequently touched areas throughout the day.
- Our welcome center, check-in kiosks, exam rooms, testing equipment, and optical areas are cleaned and sterilized after every patient appointment.
- A nightly cleaning service will deep clean the entire facility at the end of each day.
- Our optical staff will frequently sanitize high-touch areas throughout the day.
- Opticians will help with frame selection by offering patients a tray limiting patients’ handling of the frames as they browse.
We thank you for your patience with all these changes. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 301-431-0431 and we will be glad to help you!
We look forward to seeing you all again!
The Team at Maryland Eye Care Center