FIND RELIEF FOR YOUR EYE STRAIN TODAY
Americans spend an average of 11 hours a day using some form of digital device. We rely on these devices for practically everything: for work and for fun. So when your eyes start to feel strained while using your devices, it can affect your productivity and the overall enjoyment of your day.
We want you to be able to use your device effectively. Please, book an appointment with us today and we can help you manage your digital eye strain.
WHAT IS DIGITAL EYE STRAIN
Digital eye strain, or computer vision syndrome, is quite simply discomfort that develops while using screens for a long period of time. Digital eye strain may be caused by extended periods of close-up work without breaks. Whenever we focus on task, whether it’s on a digital device or a book, it can cause us to blink less, leading to symptoms such as:
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- Light Sensitivity
- Difficulty concentrating
- Neck and back ache
YOUR CHILD & DIGITAL EYE STRAIN
Even your child can experience the symptoms of digital eye strain. Children use digital devices both for education and recreation. It may be hard for them to realize they need to give their eyes a break because of how much entertainment they get from screen time.
As a parent, there are strategies you can put in place to help manage the effects digital devices can have on your child’s eyes:
- Make sure your child has annual eye exams.
- Regulate the amount of time they spend on their devices.
- Adjust the height and arrangement of the computer to account for your child’s size.
- Arrange the computer appropriately to reduce glare.
- Match the room lighting to the screen of the device.
Some strategies your eye doctor may recommend to reduce the symptoms of digital eye strain include:
- Using artificial tears such as Oasis TEARS for temporary relief.
- Following the 20/20/20 rule. Every 20 minutes, take a break from your task and look at an object about 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Making environmental and behavioral changes. This can include improving your workplace ergonomics.
FIND THE COMFORT YOU NEED TODAY
You don’t have to live with digital eye strain. Please book an appointment with us today so we can help you feel comfortable again and you can get back to using your digital devices with ease.